There is always something

Going through the past days with challenges and riddled with guilt, I find myself stumbling in faith from every corner here and there but truly God is good and faithful that he provides me with my spiritual needs. 

It was a sunny Wednesday morning when I decided to do my laundry. After loading my clothes inside the washing machine, I decided to do some groceries. Strolling towards our nearest 99 cents store, I then saw a destitute by the bus stop mumbling to herself. 

Bus Stop

I then approached her with a formal greeting to which she gleamed a smile with exaggeration saying hello. Handing her the goodies she then thanked me while brandishing her excessive smile. The Lord is so good that I have ministered again to the people in need. 

After doing my groceries in the 99 cents store, I then encountered Roy, the same homeless person I have encountered a month ago. He was happy to see me a second time to which I gave him a bible. Waiting at the bus stop, I slightly glanced to his direction to which I see him reading the scripture. I could not explain how I feel, but when God's Word is proclaimed, there is a place in my heart that seems to be filled with bliss.

Roy.

2 days later, I was walking through the same street when I encountered one of the bibles with neatly sliced pages. I could only think of one thing that they used it for.






A little grief-stricken, God reminded me of 1 Cor 15:58. That his works will never be in vain, the seed has been planted, may the Lord have mercy on hearts to those who are in need.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandmother's Grieving Heart

The Calling

Woww!